FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Alan McKay
 
Default rack configurator?

Hey folks,

Does anyone know of a rack configurator that runs on CentOS? It does
not have to even be very fancy - immediately I'm just looking for an
easy way to keep track of what is in my racks, and being able to have
a visual of it. Maybe juggle stuff around. Bonus if it does power
calculations based on model numbers and so on - or data I punch in for
each model. But really right now some kind of very specific CAD or
Draw tool that is specific to this purpose. Or a template for a more
general tool.

thanks,
-Alan

--
“Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV”
- Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-25-2010, 07:39 PM
"nate"
 
Default rack configurator?

Alan McKay wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Does anyone know of a rack configurator that runs on CentOS? It does
> not have to even be very fancy - immediately I'm just looking for an
> easy way to keep track of what is in my racks, and being able to have
> a visual of it. Maybe juggle stuff around. Bonus if it does power
> calculations based on model numbers and so on - or data I punch in for
> each model. But really right now some kind of very specific CAD or
> Draw tool that is specific to this purpose. Or a template for a more
> general tool.

Spreadsheet?

nate


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 PM
John R Pierce
 
Default rack configurator?

nate wrote:
> Alan McKay wrote:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> Does anyone know of a rack configurator that runs on CentOS? It does
>> not have to even be very fancy - immediately I'm just looking for an
>> easy way to keep track of what is in my racks, and being able to have
>> a visual of it. Maybe juggle stuff around. Bonus if it does power
>> calculations based on model numbers and so on - or data I punch in for
>> each model. But really right now some kind of very specific CAD or
>> Draw tool that is specific to this purpose. Or a template for a more
>> general tool.
>>
>
> Spreadsheet?
>

and Dia for the diagrams?


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Peter Hinse
 
Default rack configurator?

Am 25.02.2010 21:34, schrieb Alan McKay:
> Hey folks,
>
> Does anyone know of a rack configurator that runs on CentOS? It does
> not have to even be very fancy - immediately I'm just looking for an
> easy way to keep track of what is in my racks, and being able to have
> a visual of it. Maybe juggle stuff around. Bonus if it does power
> calculations based on model numbers and so on - or data I punch in for
> each model. But really right now some kind of very specific CAD or
> Draw tool that is specific to this purpose. Or a template for a more
> general tool.

Hi Alan,

have a look at racktables: http://racktables.org/

Regards,

Peter

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-26-2010, 03:40 AM
Rajagopal Swaminathan
 
Default rack configurator?

Greetings,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Peter Hinse <loco@d0pefish.de> wrote:

Am 25.02.2010 21:34, schrieb Alan McKay:
Hi Alan,



have a look at racktables: http://racktables.org/



Regards,




+1

Regards,

Rajagopal

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Ricardo Carrillo
 
Default rack configurator?

Have a look http://flux.org.uk/projects/rackmonkey/ too..


2010/2/25 Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand@gmail.com>:
> Greetings,
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Peter Hinse <loco@d0pefish.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 25.02.2010 21:34, schrieb Alan McKay:
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> have a look at racktables: http://racktables.org/
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>
> +1
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajagopal
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
>



--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:: L.I. Ricardo D. Carrillo Snchez
:: Security Specialist
:: Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico ::
:: Ciudad Universitaria ,
D.F. Mex
:: e-mail prim.: davxoc at gmai dot com
:: e-mail secu.: davxoc at hotmail dot com
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Dominik Zyla
 
Default rack configurator?

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:44:07PM -0600, Ricardo Carrillo wrote:
> Have a look http://flux.org.uk/projects/rackmonkey/ too..

You can also check this: http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:rack it's good,
because you can track your rack stuff under your wiki.

--
Dominik Zyla

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default rack configurator?

On 25/02/2010 20:34, Alan McKay wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Does anyone know of a rack configurator that runs on CentOS? It does
> not have to even be very fancy - immediately I'm just looking for an
> easy way to keep track of what is in my racks, and being able to have
> a visual of it.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/nventory/wiki perhaps ? I was only made
aware of this about 24 hrs back, and had a brief look last night - looks
quite good, bonus points for the puppet integration so one can use that
as an external config / node / manifest provider.

Which, in turn, might be a bit more than what you are loking for at this
stage, but worth keeping an eye out for.

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org