Old 02-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Eero Volotinen

Default good centos/rhel source for latest spamassassin?

Is there any good rpm source for latest spamassassin for centos/rhel ?

Currently using from dag's, but is is a bit old version nowdays.

--
Eero

Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Bazy

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi> wrote:
> Is there any good rpm source for latest spamassassin for centos/rhel ?
>
> Currently using from dag's, but is is a bit old version nowdays.
>
> --
> Eero

Hello Eero,

You can go to http://spamassassin.apache.org, click on Download, get
the latest tarball and follow the instructions on how to build a RPM
package. It includes "rpmbuild -tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.0.tar.gz".

Regards,
Bazy

Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Eero Volotinen

2010/2/25 Bazy <bazy84@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi> wrote:
>> Is there any good rpm source for latest spamassassin for centos/rhel ?
>>
>> Currently using from dag's, but is is a bit old version nowdays.
>>
>> --
>> Eero
>
> Hello Eero,
>
> You can go to http://spamassassin.apache.org, click on Download, get
> the latest tarball and follow the instructions on how to build a RPM
> package. It includes "rpmbuild -tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.0.tar.gz".

Thanks, but build requirements are missing from this way like:

NOTE: the optional Encode:etect module is not installed.

If you plan to use the normalize_charset config setting to detect
charsets and convert them into Unicode, you will need to install
this module.

REQUIRED module missing: NetAddr::IP
optional module missing: Digest::SHA
optional module missing: Mail::SPF
optional module missing: IP::Country
optional module missing: Razor2
optional module missing: Net::Ident
optional module missing: Mail:KIM
optional module missing: Encode:etect

is there any nice way to install build requirements on buildserver?

--
Eero

Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Eero Volotinen wrote on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:47:14 +0200:

> is there any nice way to install build requirements on buildserver?

Not sure what you mean by that, but all necessary Perl packages are
available as rpm, for instance perl-Encode-Detect-1.01-1.el5.rf

What I usually do with SA is do a normal make and make test. That reveals
any such dependencies and problems. If make test was successful I do the
rpmbuild.

Kai

Old 02-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Ned Slider

Eero Volotinen wrote:
> Is there any good rpm source for latest spamassassin for centos/rhel ?
>
> Currently using from dag's, but is is a bit old version nowdays.

You could try Warren's RHEL5 builds here:

http://wtogami.livejournal.com/33674.html
http://people.redhat.com/wtogami/temp/spamassassin/3.3.0/

and if you don't like EPEL, you could probably use rpmforge to meet the
dependencies. You could probably even rebuild the package against
rpmforge perl packages if you are so inclined... not that I've tried any
of the above.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
R P Herrold

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> Is there any good rpm source for latest spamassassin for centos/rhel ?
>
> Currently using from dag's, but is is a bit old version nowdays.

I have a full sources solution at:
ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/spamassassin/
including all side modules needed for some wierd stuff not in
otehr packaging sets

-- Russ herrold

Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Gary Greene

On 2/25/10 5:31 AM, "Kai Schaetzl" <maillists@conactive.com> wrote:
> Eero Volotinen wrote on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:47:14 +0200:
>
>> is there any nice way to install build requirements on buildserver?
>
> Not sure what you mean by that, but all necessary Perl packages are
> available as rpm, for instance perl-Encode-Detect-1.01-1.el5.rf
>
> What I usually do with SA is do a normal make and make test. That reveals
> any such dependencies and problems. If make test was successful I do the
> rpmbuild.
>
> Kai

And if you _really_ need a particular module that is newer than rpmforge or
EPEL, there is always cpan2rpm. I don't recommend just letting it auto-build
the package. I tend to clear out the cruft from the spec file it generates
and then build that which creates a clean package.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Operations

Old 02-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Eero Volotinen

2010/2/25 R P Herrold <herrold@centos.org>:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>
>> Is there any good rpm source for latest spamassassin for centos/rhel ?
>>
>> Currently using from dag's, but is is a bit old version nowdays.
>
> I have a full sources solution at:
> * * * *ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/spamassassin/
> including all side modules needed for some wierd stuff not in
> otehr packaging sets

Looks good, but is the final version of package .3.3 also available
instead of rc1?

.. and how to build spamassassin including all modules? Directory
contains lot of files, or do I need to build each package and then
just install?

--
Eero

Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 PM
R P Herrold

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> 2010/2/25 R P Herrold <herrold@centos.org>:

>> I have a full sources solution at:
>> * * * *ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/spamassassin/
>> including all side modules needed for some wierd stuff not in
>> other packaging sets

> Looks good, but is the final version of package .3.3 also available
> instead of rc1?

I pushed File:spamassassin-3.3.0-5orc.src.rpm over top -- I
think i was there before, but perhaps not

> .. and how to build spamassassin including all modules? Directory
> contains lot of files, or do I need to build each package and then
> just install?

um -- there is a README in the directory

-- Russ herrold

Old 08-11-2010, 03:04 PM

Kai Schaetzl writes:

> Eero Volotinen wrote on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:47:14 +0200:
>
>> is there any nice way to install build requirements on buildserver?
>
> Not sure what you mean by that, but all necessary Perl packages are
> available as rpm, for instance perl-Encode-Detect-1.01-1.el5.rf
>
> What I usually do with SA is do a normal make and make test. That reveals
> any such dependencies and problems. If make test was successful I do the
> rpmbuild.
>
> Kai

If I didn't know better I'd say you're using Slackware :P