Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 PM
David McGuffey

Default sudo for Virtual Machine Manager

I've done everything stated in the various guidance to get a regular
user to use virt-manager (graphical Virtual Machine Manager) under
CentOS 5.4 with KVM. Placing the user in the kvm group and changing
permissions on several files to include kvm has not worked...the user
still needs to enter the root password to use the graphical VMM.

I thought of pressing sudo into service for this task. Anyone think
this will work?

Anyone got a better way?

DaveM

Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra

Em 24-02-2010 00:22, David McGuffey escreveu:
> I've done everything stated in the various guidance to get a regular
> user to use virt-manager (graphical Virtual Machine Manager) under
> CentOS 5.4 with KVM. Placing the user in the kvm group and changing
> permissions on several files to include kvm has not worked...the user
> still needs to enter the root password to use the graphical VMM.
>
> I thought of pressing sudo into service for this task. Anyone think
> this will work?

Sure, should work.

> Anyone got a better way?

Look at wireshark, use as an example