Old 02-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Ski Dawg

Default Problem updating curl

Hello everyone,

I am having some difficulty updating curl on my updated CentOS 5.4 box
(CentOS release 5.4 (Final)).

I have a client that is needing a library (librets) updated. I have
version 1.3.38 installed, but they need 1.3.40. When I try to build
that library, it tells me that it requires curl 7.18.2 or greater.

I found information for building an updated curl packages (7.20.0 in
this case), and was able to successfully build those rpm packages, but
when I try to install them, I get the following error:
libcurl.so.3 is needed by (installed) gnupg-1.4.5-14.i386

The curl packages that I built (from source 7.20.0) are trying to
install libcurl.so.4 (libcurl.so.4.2.0 specifically). I checked and
the curl package 7.18.2 will also build libcurl.so.4, so that wouldn't
help me in this case.

Is anyone aware of anyway of getting around this without rebuilding
gnupg as well? I am just afraid that if I have to rebuild the gnupg
package also, it will cause many other dependency issues that will
completely break my system.

Any thoughts/advice to get around this problem?
--
Doug