Old 02-17-2010, 05:43 PM

Default Linksys 160nl

I'm finally biting the bullet, and replacing the 12-yr-old box that's been
my firewall/router with an appliance. First, does anyone have any idea
whether the WRT160 nl can use tomato? Second, is there any way, or any
reason, I could/would want to run bastille against the firmware?

mark

Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Adam Miller

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:43 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:
> I'm finally biting the bullet, and replacing the 12-yr-old box that's been
> my firewall/router with an appliance. First, does anyone have any idea
> whether the WRT160 nl can use tomato? Second, is there any way, or any
> reason, I could/would want to run bastille against the firmware?
>
> * * * *mark

As per the Tomato documentation, this model is not currently
supported. There are reports of OpenWRT working on it but it is still
considered a work in progress. More info here -->
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt160nl

I think the WRT54GL is still top notch for at home use and Tomato runs
like a champ on mine, unless you really need the throughput of the
WRT160NL the WRT56GL is definitely the direction I would recommend,
they are relatively inexpensive on amazon.com these days.

-AdamM
--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com

Old 02-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Rainer Traut

Am 17.02.2010 19:43, schrieb m.roth@5-cent.us:
> I'm finally biting the bullet, and replacing the 12-yr-old box that's been
> my firewall/router with an appliance. First, does anyone have any idea
> whether the WRT160 nl can use tomato? Second, is there any way, or any
> reason, I could/would want to run bastille against the firmware?

For tomato related stuff I'd check here:
http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160

Sadly my new router does not run it anymore because of builtin voip
stuff.

Rainer