Old 02-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Alberto Garcia Gomez

Default Configuring Local Repo

I have a local repo of Centos, I'll like to used as part of my Internet Repos,
so I wonder how can I do that

Old 02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Stephen Harris

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 03:22:43PM -0500, Alberto Garcia Gomez wrote:
> I have a local repo of Centos, I'll like to used as part of my Internet Repos,
> so I wonder how can I do that

If you've rsync'd one of the standard mirrors then something like this...
create a file /etc/yum.repos.d/mycentos.repo which has lines such as

[c5-local]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Media
baseurl=file:///RedHat/DVD/CentOS-5/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
protect=1
priority=1
enabled=1

[update-local]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates local
baseurl=file:///RedHat/updates/centos$releasever/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
protect=1
priority=1
enabled=1

This will create two new repo's for yum to use; one looking at the DVD
contents and one looking at the (rsync'd) updates folder.

In my case they're stored on an NFS server automounted at /RedHat. If
you're doing this via a web server then just put in your http://
values.

If, instead, you're talking about creating your own package repository
then look into something like "mrepo" to create the repository metadata
and then create a yum.repos.d file to point to it.

--

rgds
Stephen