Old 02-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Les Mikesell

Default diffs between mysql 5.0 and 5.1, and upgrading to mysql 5.1?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> being used to mysql 5.1 on my fedora system, i'm suddenly looking
> after a centos 5.4 box with mysql 5.0.77. before i start digging into
> the mysql 5.0-5.1 changelog, do i have a lot to worry about in terms
> of mentally backing up one version? or is simply upgrading the centos
> box to mysql 5.1 an option? (i realize that mysql 5.1 is *not*
> officially supported in centos 5.4.)

There's a packaged 5.1.41 in the remi repo. I'm running it (and php5.3.1) on
one machine as a side effect of getting the ocsinventory server there. I'm not
running much else that isn't perl or java on that machine so I don't know if it
can cause other problems.

http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en

--
Les Mikesell