Old 02-16-2010, 09:16 AM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default diffs between mysql 5.0 and 5.1, and upgrading to mysql 5.1?

being used to mysql 5.1 on my fedora system, i'm suddenly looking
after a centos 5.4 box with mysql 5.0.77. before i start digging into
the mysql 5.0-5.1 changelog, do i have a lot to worry about in terms
of mentally backing up one version? or is simply upgrading the centos
box to mysql 5.1 an option? (i realize that mysql 5.1 is *not*
officially supported in centos 5.4.)

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Robert P. J. Day wrote on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 05:16:09 -0500 (EST):

> do i have a lot to worry about in terms
> of mentally backing up one version? or is simply upgrading the centos
> box to mysql 5.1 an option?

I haven't seen any problems. I use the mysql 5.1 from the remy repo.
I don't have it in heavy production, though.

Kai