Old 02-16-2010, 02:20 AM
Stephen Harris

Default More oddities with priorities

Following on from my previous, I removed the perl-Date-Manip and re-installed
the Centos base perl-DateManip package.

When I do a "check-update" then it shows nothing needs to be done, but
if I do an "update" then it tries to replace the package!

In the following, c5-local, update-local, rpmforge are local rsync'd
copies of the base, updates and rpmforge repositories. This shouldn't make
any difference, though.

$ yum clean all
Loaded plugins: priorities
Cleaning up Everything
$ yum -d2 check-update
Loaded plugins: priorities
c5-local | 2.1 kB 00:00
c5-local/primary_db | 1.6 MB 00:00
extras-local | 1.1 kB 00:00
extras-local/primary | 107 kB 00:00
extras-local 325/325
rpmforge | 1.1 kB 00:00
rpmforge/primary | 3.6 MB 00:00
rpmforge 10065/10065
update-local | 1.9 kB 00:00
update-local/primary_db | 510 kB 00:00
476 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
$ yum update
Loaded plugins: priorities
476 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package perl-Date-Manip.noarch 0:5.54-2.el5.rf set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================== ==============================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================== ==============================
Installing:
perl-Date-Manip noarch 5.54-2.el5.rf rpmforge 210 k
replacing perl-DateManip.noarch 5.44-1.2.1

Transaction Summary
================================================== ==============================
Install 1 Package(s)
Update 0 Package(s)