Old 02-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Stephen Harris

Default priorities don't prevent other repos overwritting packages?

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 09:00:33PM -0500, Scot P. Floess wrote:

> Do you have the yum-priorities package installed?

Yes, as can be seen from the output I included :-)

--

rgds
Stephen

Old 02-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Kai Schaetzl

Stephen Harris wrote on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:53:40 -0500:

> Either I've made a mistake in my configuration or else packages from
> other repos can obsolete core packages

You want to add
check_obsoletes = 1
in priorities.conf.
That should be set by default, but isn't.

Kai

Old 02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Stephen Harris

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:31:17AM +0100, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Stephen Harris wrote on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:53:40 -0500:
>
> > Either I've made a mistake in my configuration or else packages from
> > other repos can obsolete core packages
>
> You want to add
> check_obsoletes = 1
> in priorities.conf.

Yup, that seems to add the required protection. Thanks!

> That should be set by default, but isn't.

Yeah, I agree :-)

--

rgds
Stephen