Old 02-12-2010, 10:47 PM
"Gregory P. Ennis"

Default Serial Port or USB monitoring / Logging

Dear List,

I have a piece of equipment that sends data or reports data via a serial
or usb port. I would like to connect this piece of equipment to a
serial or usb port of a Centos 5.4 machine and capture the report
information.

I thought this would be an easy perl task, but since I have not
completed the objective ... it has not been easy yet.

Do any of you have any perl scripts that do this? I would like to look
at your logic either for a serial or usb port.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Greg Ennis