Old 02-12-2010, 04:49 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default where is MySQL-zrm-client rpm package?

i was looking at options for backing up mysql databases across the
net, and ran across this:

http://www.zmanda.com/download-zrm.php

clearly, there are two rpms for linux:

* MySQL-zrm-2.2.0-1.noarch.rpm
* MySQL-zrm-client-2.2.0-1.noarch.rpm

but on a centos 5.4 system, if i do

# yum search zrm

i see only "MySQL-zrm.noarch". anyone know why the centos repo would
only know about one of those packages? i suspect that, to be safe, i
should download the ones from the zmanda site.

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 AM
John Doe

From: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca>
> i was looking at options for backing up mysql databases across the
> net, and ran across this:
> http://www.zmanda.com/download-zrm.php
> clearly, there are two rpms for linux:
> * MySQL-zrm-2.2.0-1.noarch.rpm
> * MySQL-zrm-client-2.2.0-1.noarch.rpm
> but on a centos 5.4 system, if i do
> # yum search zrm
> i see only "MySQL-zrm.noarch". anyone know why the centos repo would
> only know about one of those packages? i suspect that, to be safe, i
> should download the ones from the zmanda site.

I don't find it at all, so it is from an alternate repository... EPEL?
I guess they packaged both client and server in the same rpm...

JD