Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
C Linus Hicks

Default xfs_repair doesn't fix sb versionnum missing attr

I run:

xfs_check /dev/sdc10

And it reports:

sb versionnum missing attr bit 10

Then I run:

xfs_repair /dev/sdc10

And it reports output from 7 phases and "done".

Again I run:

xfs_check /dev/sdc10

And it reports:

sb versionnum missing attr bit 10

Is this how it's supposed to work?
Thanks for any help.
Linus

Old 02-12-2010, 01:52 PM
C Linus Hicks

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 07:02 -0500, Brent L. Bates wrote:
> The first question is did you unmount the file system first before doing
> both the xfs_check and xfs_repair? A file system should not be mounted while
> doing either of these. xfs_check will give false failures if it is run while
> the file system is mounted. If everything was unmounted while you used these
> utilities, then may be the disk is failing. At the moment, I don't know what
> else to check.

The filesystem was not mounted at the time I ran either xfs_check or
xfs_repair, and the disk is not failing.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 PM
James Pearson

C Linus Hicks wrote:
> I run:
>
> xfs_check /dev/sdc10
>
> And it reports:
>
> sb versionnum missing attr bit 10
>
> Then I run:
>
> xfs_repair /dev/sdc10
>
> And it reports output from 7 phases and "done".
>
> Again I run:
>
> xfs_check /dev/sdc10
>
> And it reports:
>
> sb versionnum missing attr bit 10