Old 02-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Carlos Santana

Default auto mounting group shares

I am using autofs to mount user's home and group directories. The
setup works fine for home directories which are mounted after user
logs in. The group shares are also mounted, but user has to manually
do cd or ls command on group shares, e.g.: ls /groups/chemistry will
mount chemistry group share. Is there any way to mount group shares
automatically?
I noticed that after successful login 'some program' performs chdir
(cd) which probably tells autofs to mount home dirs. Which program
does this operation? Is there any way to do this for group shares
also?

-
CS.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Arvind P R

The pam mount module might help you. Check its man pages.