Old 02-07-2010, 05:32 AM
"Paul R. Ganci"

Default Somewhat off topic: Building Android on CentOS 5.4

I asked this question on android-platform@googlegroups.com but never
received a response. I suspect most (if not all) people compiling the
Android platform are using some version of Ubuntu ... hence the lack of
response. I would not normally cross post but am hopeful that another
CentOS 5.4 user (not on the android-platform forum) might have
successfully built the Android platform. I would be extremely grateful
if he or she could publish the procedure they used to do so. In any
event here is the motivation of why I want to build the Android platform
and a description of the problem I encountered:

I have a Samsung Moment which the Android module adb will not detect due
to a bug in usb_linux.c. Therefore I have been trying to compile a
patched version of adb on Centos 5.4. I have followed these instructions
in effort to build adb on cupcake:
> > cd $HOME/download/android
> > repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b cupcake
> > repo sync
> > cd system/core/adb
> > patch -b usb_linux.c usb_linux.c.patch
> > cd ../../..
> > make adb

build/core/product_config.mk:261: WARNING: adding test OTA key
TARGET_PRODUCT=generic
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_SIMULATOR=
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=
/bin/bash: line 0: cd:
dalvik/libcore//mnt/home/ganci/download/android//dalvik/libcore:/ No
such file or directory
/bin/bash: line 0: cd:
dalvik/libcore//mnt/home/ganci/download/android//dalvik/libcore:/ No
such file or directory
dalvik/libcore/Android.mk:150:
dalvik/libcore//mnt/home/ganci/download/android/dalvik/libcore/sub.mk:
No such file or directory
make: execvp: /bin/bash: Argument list too long
make: *** No rule to make target `dalvik/libcore//mnt/home/ganci/
download/android/dalvik/libcore/sub.mk'. Stop.

Everything works until the make. I have tried several different
variations including making everything but everytime it seems the make
is very confused about the directory structure. It is as if make is
concatenating the relative directory dalvik/libcore with the full path
/mnt/home/ganci/download/android/dalvik/libcore. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

--
Paul (ganci@nurdog.com)