Old 02-05-2010, 12:51 PM
adrian kok

Default directory and file permission help

Hi

I move a zip file from window to linux

but all permission of folder and files are kept in 700

How can I change it one time? I don't need to change directory under directory to change as

folder as 755
and
files as 644

Thank you for your help

Old 02-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Kai Schaetzl

man chmod

Kai

Old 02-08-2010, 09:05 AM
John Doe

From: adrian kok <adriankok2000@yahoo.com.hk>
> I move a zip file from window to linux
> but all permission of folder and files are kept in 700
> How can I change it one time? I don't need to change directory under directory
> to change as
> folder as 755
> and
> files as 644

You could use find -type X (X = 'd' for directories and 'f' for files)

JD

Old 02-08-2010, 11:47 AM
"Simon Billis"

John Doe sent a missive on*2010-02-08:

> From: adrian kok <adriankok2000@yahoo.com.hk>
>> I move a zip file from window to linux but all permission of folder
>> and files are kept in 700 How can I change it one time? I don't need
>> to change directory under directory to change as folder as 755 and
>> files as 644
>
> You could use find -type X (X = 'd' for directories and 'f' for files)

Indeed, not forgetting that you can use -exec option with find to do the
actuall change to the files/dirs

I.e. for directories within the zip

Bash# find ./ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} ;