Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Timothy Murphy

Default logwatch/shorewall warnings

I'm running a little web-server under CentOS-5.4 ,
with shorewall as firewall.
I used to get messages about attempted intrusions,
with the IP addresses of those attempting to connect.

This stopped some time ago,
and my logwatch reports now are very bare.

I don't recall changing the settings of logwatch or shorewall.
Has there been some default change?

I should say that I'm not sure if I mind losing these warnings,
as I never used to do anything about them.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net