Old 02-04-2010, 03:30 PM
robert mena

Default Unable to update a CentOS 4 : urlopen error nonnumeric port: 8080

Hi,
I am trying to update a CentOS 4.4 but the yum update gives me error messages
Setting up Update ProcessSetting up repositorieshttp://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error nonnumeric port: '8080?'>
Trying other mirror.Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: updatefailure: repodata/repomd.xml from update: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from update: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I can access the web from this machine.
Any ideas?

Old 02-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Drew

> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
> 4] IOError: <urlopen error nonnumeric port: '8080?'>

What's your mirrors config file look like? I'm thinking something in
the url is messed up. Most likely a missing '/' after the 8080.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie

Old 02-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Robert mena wrote on Thu, 4 Feb 2010 12:30:18 -0400:

> <urlopen error nonnumeric port: '8080?'>

Note the "?" at the end, you likely have a typo in your proxy config.

Kai

Old 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
robert mena

Thanks. *Somebody entered an incorrect information in /etc/yum.conf