Old 02-04-2010, 06:53 AM
"Neil Aggarwal"

Default Virtualization software to install Windows as guest on CentOS 5 as host ?

> I need to install Windows as guest on my CentOS 5 as
host.
>*Can you please give* me the
link to download the requierd rpm
> package for this purpose ?

The RedHat Virtualization Guide gives you all the info you
will need:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.4/html/Virtualization_Guide/index.html
*

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957
FREE trial: cPanel VPS with unmetered

Old 02-04-2010, 08:04 AM
MHR

2010/2/3 Hadi Motamedi <motamedi24@hotmail.com>:
> Dear All
> I need to install Windows as guest on my CentOS 5 as host . Can you please
> give me the link to download the requierd rpm package for this purpose ?

I use VMWare Server - it's free from VMWare, though I'm using version
1.0.8, and I hear version 2.0 has some issues with CentOS.

I have also heard about others on this list - check the archives for
virtualized OS support. I think the most recent recommendation was
for Sun's VirtualBox, and there's also the built-in xen (though I hear
good and bad about that, too).

HTH

mhr

Old 02-04-2010, 02:25 PM