Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 AM
"CList"

Default proftpd wrap

Hi,

My ftpd is being abused.

Maximum login attempts exceeded from hosts:
::ffff:64.251.22.142[::ffff:64.251.22.142] : 24197 Time(s)

I had came across an article stating that proftpd with mod wrap can actually
block these IP using denyhosts.
I had googled but I did not see any proftpd rpm with mod wrap. Is there
anyone with a copy would like to share?
Or can someone share a spec file, so I can roll my own rpm.

I am running on CentOS 5.4.

Thanks
wL

Old 03-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Matthew Miller

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 12:54:29PM +0800, CList wrote:
> I had came across an article stating that proftpd with mod wrap can actually
> block these IP using denyhosts.
> I had googled but I did not see any proftpd rpm with mod wrap. Is there
> anyone with a copy would like to share?
> Or can someone share a spec file, so I can roll my own rpm.

Take a look at fail2ban. It's in EPEL.

--
Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org <http://mattdm.org/>