Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 AM

Default Is it possible to run serial console redirection without xen kernel

Hi,

I have customized my centos Installation
and removed the vitalization, Cluster and storage cluster support along

with GUI support.I have enabled only
server related packages.

Regarding serial console redirection,I
have checked my serial cable,Ports and inittab and grub.conf configuration.Everything
seems to be correct.I wanted to know that is it necessary to have a xen
kernel (2.6.18-128xen.el5) installed although you may be booting through
an base linux kernel (2.6.18-128.el5).Is there any package for serial redirection
that could be necessary.I have installed setserial rpm.

Thanks

premraj

Disclaimer : This message is proprietary to Smartlink Network Systems Limited and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Smartlink Network Systems Ltd. accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

This email has been
scrubbed for your protection by SecureMX. For more information visit
securemx.in