Old 02-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Clint Dilks

Default An Open-iSCSI Question

Hi People

Using Open iSCSI I have been able to create and mount multiple iSCSI
partitions and have them mount at boot. Now I wanted to setup a
situation where one of the visible iSCSI partitions mounts at boot and
the other is only available if I manually connect to it.*

This led me to the following command iscsiadm -m node -T
iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-237781f06-770000000134b676-inf2-san1
-p 192.168.1.100:3260 --op update -n node.startup -v manual* which
stops the server from logging into the partition automatically.* This
is fine and provides me with the functionality I need, but if anyone
run a discovery against the iSCSI storage again eg iscsiadm -m
discovery -t st -p 192.168.1.100:3260 then node.startup for
inf2-san1 gets set back to automatic.* Is there any way to make the
node.startup setting for inf2-san1 stick even after a discovery ?

Thank you