Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Benjamin Franz

Default subversion 1.6.9 and sqlite 3.6.22

I'm in the process of setting up subversion and since the version
packages with C5 is, shall we say, showing its age, I've built an
updated version. In order to do that I had to upgrade sqlite from the
default 3.3.6 (which the current subversion will not build with) and I
went with 3.6.22. Has anyone else had any experience with whether or not
that breaks anything?

I'm a little nervous because sqlite is used all over the place (rpm,
X11, apache, yum, selinux, system-config-*, various perl modules, gnome,
gimp, php, and so on).

--
Benjamin Franz

Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 AM
"Scot P. Floess"

I just built Subversion 1.6.5 - and needed a newer version of SqlLite...
All I did was copy sqlite3.c to [subversion src dir]/sqlite-amalgamation
and confgure/make/make install magic Meaning I didn't upgrade SqlLite
system wide

BTW, I am using sqlite-amalgamation-3.6.19.tar.gz...

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Benjamin Franz wrote:

> I'm in the process of setting up subversion and since the version
> packages with C5 is, shall we say, showing its age, I've built an
> updated version. In order to do that I had to upgrade sqlite from the
> default 3.3.6 (which the current subversion will not build with) and I
> went with 3.6.22. Has anyone else had any experience with whether or not
> that breaks anything?
>
> I'm a little nervous because sqlite is used all over the place (rpm,
> X11, apache, yum, selinux, system-config-*, various perl modules, gnome,
> gimp, php, and so on).
>
> --
> Benjamin Franz

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC 27549

252-478-8087 (Home)
919-890-8117 (Work)

Chief Architect JPlate http://sourceforge.net/projects/jplate

Architect Keros http://sourceforge.net/projects/keros

Old 02-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Mathieu Baudier

> I'm in the process of setting up subversion and since the version
> packages with C5 is, shall we say, showing its age, I've built an

The RPMForge repo provides Subversion 1.6.x.

You could either use it directly or see in their SRPMs how they
managed to deal with the sqlite dependency.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Benjamin Franz

Scot P. Floess wrote:
> I just built Subversion 1.6.5 - and needed a newer version of SqlLite...
> All I did was copy sqlite3.c to [subversion src dir]/sqlite-amalgamation
> and confgure/make/make install magic Meaning I didn't upgrade SqlLite
> system wide
>
> BTW, I am using sqlite-amalgamation-3.6.19.tar.gz...
>
> On
Ah. Thanks for the tip. Now I'm waiting for the test suite to finish on
a 1.6.9 rpm build. I'm approaching the 6th hour of tests on a 3.7Ghz
64-bit multi-processor system with 32GB of RAM. Just a few tests. :O

--
Benjamin Franz