Old 02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Victor Padro

Default Virtualization - what do You recommend?

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Victor Padro wrote:
>
>> You can only install KVM or VMWare Workstation/Server in CentOS, I
>> think you should try KVM, because it's opensource and it supports
>> Windows but you need special hardware like the latest CPUs from AMD
>> or Intel...
>
> *just to clarify, you're saying that KVM requires H/W virtualization
> support, either VT-x or AMD-V, yes? *because at this point, i don't
> think that really qualifies as "special hardware" anymore, it's pretty
> common.
>
> rday

> Robert P. J. Day * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
> * * * * * *Linux Consulting, Training and Kernel Pedantry.
>
> Web page: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://crashcourse.ca
> Twitter: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * http://twitter.com/rpjday

Not everyone has "common" hardware you know...there's still people
running servers in Pentium 3/4 Xeons...

--
Linux User #452368
http://twitter.com/vpadro

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an
understanding of ourselves"

Old 02-02-2010, 11:39 AM

Also you can use Xen but you still need special hardware like the latest CPUs from AMD or
Intel for Windows run...

"You don't know where your shadow will fall",
Somebody.-
Olaf Reitmaier Veracierta (BB) <olafrv@gmail.com>
http://olafrv.googlepages.com