Old 02-01-2010, 05:09 AM
John R Pierce

Default Not able to redirect console msgs to serial port

> Still Iam not able to see any console messages redirection on serial
> port.I have connected the serial port of the Machine_1 which has
> centos running to Machine_2 where i have opened an hyperterminal.I see
> no console
> messages displayed here. Iam , I missing any configuration or is there
> an rpm i should install ?

dump hyperterm, its horribly annoying to use. recent versions of putty
have serial port mode. also, make sure hardware handshaking is
disabled, and that the bit rate and format (n-8-1) are correct.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Christoph Maser

Am Montag, den 01.02.2010, 06:27 +0100 schrieb premrajm@digilink.in:

> Hi,
>
> Iam using cento-5.3 on x86 machine and iam working to get the console
> messages redirected to serial port.
> - - -
>
> Still Iam not able to see any console messages redirection on serial
> port.I have connected the serial port of the Machine_1 which has
> centos running to Machine_2 where i have opened an hyperterminal.I see
> no console
> messages displayed here. Iam , I missing any configuration or is there
> an rpm i should install ?
>

> Thanks and Regards,

Are you sure ttyS0 is the right one? I do have some machines were i need
to use ttyS1 or rarely even ttyS2.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach