Old 02-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Tom Bishop

Default Trying to rebuild srpm from fedora....

So I am trying to rebuild this source rpm from fedora 10,*shutter-0.85.1-1.fc10.src.rpm -its a screen capture application ( http://shutter-project.org/ ) *that I have been unable to find in any repos, although it is in the fedora repos. Thought I would give it a go and try to rebuild the rpm, so here is the error that I am getting:

+ desktop-file-install --delete-original --dir /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport//usr/share/applications /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport//usr/share/applications/shutter.desktop
Must specify the vendor namespace for these files with --vendorerror: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.38313 (%install)

Anyone have any tips or 2x4 to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, thanks. *Oh yeah, running centos 5.4 i386 arch, thanks again.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:38 AM
"Mr. X"

Tom,

> So I am trying to rebuild this source rpm
> from fedora 10,*shutter-0.85.1-1.fc10.src.rpm -its a screen
> capture application ( http://shutter-project.org/
> ) *that I have been unable to find in any repos, although
> it is in the fedora repos. Thought I would give it a go and
> try to rebuild the rpm, so here is the error that I am
> getting:
>

> + desktop-file-install --delete-original

Below is an example of what firefox has for this line in the SPEC

$ grep -i vendor ./redhat/SPECS/*.spec
./redhat/SPECS/firefox.spec:desktop-file-install --vendor mozilla

so ..
if not done already, you need to rpm -i the SRC.rpm and edit the spec.

--
Mark

Old 02-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Tom Diehl

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, Tom Bishop wrote:

> So I am trying to rebuild this source rpm from fedora
> 10, shutter-0.85.1-1.fc10.src.rpm -its a screen capture application (
> http://shutter-project.org/ ) that I have been unable to find in any repos,
> although it is in the fedora repos. Thought I would give it a go and try to
> rebuild the rpm, so here is the error that I am getting:
>

> + desktop-file-install --delete-original --dir
> /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport//usr/share/applications
> /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport//usr/share/applications/shutter.desktop
> Must specify the vendor namespace for these files with --vendor
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.38313 (%install)
>

> Anyone have any tips or 2x4 to point me in the right direction I would
> appreciate it, thanks. Oh yeah, running centos 5.4 i386 arch, thanks again.

As someone else said, at the very least you need to edit the spec to define
a vendor. IMO the better way is to setup mock and use it to (re)build all
of your rpms. That way you can for the most part, use the fedora specs out of
the box.

I have numerous rpms that are not found in CentOS that are in fedora. Most of
them rebuild without modification in mock on CentOS.

Hope this helps.

Tom Diehl tdiehl@rogueind.com Spamtrap address mtd123@rogueind.com

Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Tom Bishop

Thanks for the suggestions I will give mock a go and see what happens....will need to go read up and understand what mock is doing though....

Old 02-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Ryan Wagoner

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Tom Bishop <bishoptf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions I will give mock a go and see what
> happens....will need to go read up and understand what mock is doing
> though....
>
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Tom Diehl <tdiehl@rogueind.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, Tom Bishop wrote:
>>
>> > So I am trying to rebuild this source rpm from fedora
>> > 10, shutter-0.85.1-1.fc10.src.rpm -its a screen capture application (
>> > http://shutter-project.org/ ) *that I have been unable to find in any
>> > repos,
>> > although it is in the fedora repos. Thought I would give it a go and try
>> > rebuild the rpm, so here is the error that I am getting:
>> >

>> > + desktop-file-install --delete-original --dir
>> > /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport//usr/share/applications
>> >
>> > /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport//usr/share/applications/shutter.desktop
>> > Must specify the vendor namespace for these files with --vendor
>> > error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.38313 (%install)
>> >

>> > Anyone have any tips or 2x4 to point me in the right direction I
>> > would
>> > appreciate it, thanks. *Oh yeah, running centos 5.4 i386 arch, thanks
>> > again.
>>
>> As someone else said, at the very least you need to edit the spec to
>> define
>> a vendor. IMO the better way is to setup mock and use it to (re)build all
>> of your rpms. That way you can for the most part, use the fedora specs out
>> of
>> the box.
>>
>> I have numerous rpms that are not found in CentOS that are in fedora. Most
>> of
>> them rebuild without modification in mock on CentOS.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Tom Diehl * * * tdiehl@rogueind.com * * *Spamtrap address
>> mtd123@rogueind.com

Mock creates a chroot environment, downloads all the required
packages, and builds the SRPM. It is a way to ensure that you get a
clean consistent build and to verify that your SRPM build dependencies
are correct. You configure /etc/mock/your-arch and run mock name.srpm.
Fairly simple to use.

Ryan

Old 02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Tom Bishop

Thanks for the tips so I have gotten mock installed but for the life of me I can't figure out how to install the srpm, edit the spec file and then re-build. *I have seen an example that installs and then I can edit via mock shell, but when I do a rpmbuild -ba or -bb it says its misssing the .tar files....any help or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated. *I know what I need to do to the spec file just not sure how to achieve it...thanks.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Tom Bishop <bishoptf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the tips so I have gotten mock installed but for the life of me I
> can't figure out how to install the srpm, edit the spec file and then
> re-build. *I have seen an example that installs and then I can edit via mock
> shell, but when I do a rpmbuild -ba or -bb it says its misssing the .tar
> files....any help or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.
> *I know what I need to do to the spec file just not sure how to achieve
> it...thanks.

This CentOS wiki will help you:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/RebuildSRPM

Akemi

Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Tom Bishop

Thanks, that is very usefull and I have followed although I am still coming up with an error when I do a rpmbuild -ba xxx.spec
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:** /usr/share/applications/centos5-shutter.desktop

RPM build errors:** *File not found: /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport/usr/share/applications/shutter.desktop** *Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:

Old 02-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Clint Dilks

Tom Bishop wrote:
> Thanks, that is very usefull and I have followed although I am still
> coming up with an error when I do a rpmbuild -ba xxx.spec
>
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> /usr/share/applications/centos5-shutter.desktop
>

> RPM build errors:
> File not found:
> /var/tmp/shutter-0.85.1-1-root-itsupport/usr/share/applications/shutter.desktop
> Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> /usr/share/applications/centos5-shutter.desktop
>

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com
> <mailto:amyagi@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Tom Bishop <bishoptf@gmail.com
> <mailto:bishoptf@gmail.com>> wrote:
> > Thanks for the tips so I have gotten mock installed but for the
> life of me I
> > can't figure out how to install the srpm, edit the spec file and
> then
> > re-build. I have seen an example that installs and then I can
> edit via mock
> > shell, but when I do a rpmbuild -ba or -bb it says its misssing
> the .tar
> > files....any help or pointing in the right direction would be
> appreciated.
> > I know what I need to do to the spec file just not sure how to
> achieve
> > it...thanks.
>
> This CentOS wiki will help you:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/RebuildSRPM
>
> Akemi

Hi

This means that the build process has found a file that is not covered
by the files section of you spec file. If you are sure this is a
legitimate file then simply add
/usr/share/applications/centos5-shutter.desktop under the files section.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Tom Bishop

Here is the section of the spec file:
%{_bindir}/%{name}%{_datadir}/applications/%{name}.desktop%{_datadir}/%{name}%{_mandir}/man1/%{name}*%{_datadir}/pixmaps/
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/*/apps/%{name}.*

it appears to be coverd...