Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 PM
"Mr. X"

Default bind a web root sub-folder to /usr/share/xxyy

This is OT, but what is the RH/Centos best practice for this scenario.

I have a web root under control of user webmaster.
In /etc/fstab
----------- snip ------
/var/www/dev /home/webmaster/www_dev none bind 0 0

ls -al /var/www/dev/
drwxr-xr-x 10 webmaster webmaster 4096 Jan 28 14:21 dev

what I'd like to do is bind /usr/share/xxyy to /var/www/dev/xxyy under
control ~webmaster. Is it as simple as

/usr/share/xxyy /var/www/dev/xxyy none bind 0 0

do I have chown webmaster:webmaster /usr/share/xxyy ?

--
Mark