Old 01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
"James B. Byrne"

Default Starting a java applet from the desktop

CentOS-5.4 i86_64

I have a calculator applet on my desktop (superbcalc.jar). When I
double click on it I get no response. If I right click and select
open with java I get no response. If I open a terminal window and
cd to Desktop and type java -jar superbcalc.jar then the applet
opens.

Does anyone have any idea why I am seeing this behaviour? There are
no messages in the syslog file relating to this.

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241