Old 01-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Mogens Kjaer

Default /usr/sbin/usermod -p doesn't update MAX_DAYS - workaround?

On 01/28/2010 02:20 PM, Sean Carolan wrote:
> In the long run we're going to try and get some kind of centralized
> authentication, but in the meantime does anyone have an idea for a
> workaround?

If your script change passwords via ssh and usermod, why not at
the same time do a chage -d number username?

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Mobile: +45 22 12 53 25
Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk

Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Sean Carolan

> If your script change passwords via ssh and usermod, why not at
> the same time do a chage -d number username?

Thank you, I may end up doing it this way at least until we can
configure AD or LDAP authentication.