Old 01-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Tobias Weisserth

Default need some help with compiling mod_gnutls

Hi everybody,
I want to build mod_gnutls. The problem: CentOS' version of GNUTLS is too old to link against, so I compiled and installed GNUTLS from source and put it into /opt where it doesn't hurt the already installed GNUTLS. Now I have trouble linking against this version as the autoconf buildchain in mod_gnutls does not find the newer version.

I tried like this:
./configure -with-libgnutls=/opt/lib./configure -with-libgnutls=/opt/bin
I get this from configure:

checking for libgnutls - version >= 2.4.0... no*** An old version of LIBGNUTLS (1.4.1) was found.*** You need a version of LIBGNUTLS newer than 2.4.0. The latest version of*** LIBGNUTLS is always available from ftp://gnutls.hellug.gr/pub/gnutls.
******* If you have already installed a sufficiently new version, this error*** probably means that the wrong copy of the pkg-config shell script is*** being found. The easiest way to fix this is to remove the old version
*** of LIBGNUTLS, but you can also set the PKG_CONFIG environment to point to the*** correct copy of pkg-config. (In this case, you will have to*** modify your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf
*** so that the correct libraries are found at run-time))configure: error:****** libgnutls was not found. You may want to get it from*** http://www.gnutls.org/
***
I don't understand this. I already set the*PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /opt/lib/pkgconfig (according to pkg-config manpage) but that doesn't work.
What's the easiest way to make mod_gnutls link against GNUTLS as installed in /opt/lib?

thanks,
Tobias W.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:48 PM
David Hrbáč

> ------------ Původn* zpráva ------------
> Od: Tobias Weisserth <tobias.weisserth@gmail.com>
> Předmět: [CentOS] need some help with compiling mod_gnutls
> Datum: 27.1.2010 20:23:28
> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to build mod_gnutls. The problem: CentOS' version of GNUTLS is too
> old to link against, so I compiled and installed GNUTLS from source and put
> it into /opt where it doesn't hurt the already installed GNUTLS. Now I have
> trouble linking against this version as the autoconf buildchain in
> mod_gnutls does not find the newer version.
>
> I tried like this:
>
> ./configure -with-libgnutls=/opt/lib
> ./configure -with-libgnutls=/opt/bin
>
> I get this from configure:
>
> checking for libgnutls - version >= 2.4.0... no
> *** An old version of LIBGNUTLS (1.4.1) was found.
> *** You need a version of LIBGNUTLS newer than 2.4.0. The latest version of
> *** LIBGNUTLS is always available from ftp://gnutls.hellug.gr/pub/gnutls.
> ***
> *** If you have already installed a sufficiently new version, this error
> *** probably means that the wrong copy of the pkg-config shell script is
> *** being found. The easiest way to fix this is to remove the old version
> *** of LIBGNUTLS, but you can also set the PKG_CONFIG environment to point
> to the
> *** correct copy of pkg-config. (In this case, you will have to
> *** modify your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf
> *** so that the correct libraries are found at run-time))
> configure: error:
> ***
> *** libgnutls was not found. You may want to get it from
> *** http://www.gnutls.org/
> ***
>
> I don't understand this. I already set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to
> /opt/lib/pkgconfig (according to pkg-config manpage) but that doesn't work.
>
> What's the easiest way to make mod_gnutls link against GNUTLS as installed
> in /opt/lib?
>
> thanks,
>
> Tobias W.

Tobias,