-   -   Generating X.509 Certificates in Centos with open ssl (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/315712-generating-x-509-certificates-centos-open-ssl.html)

Arvind P R 01-27-2010 08:22 AM

Generating X.509 Certificates in Centos with open ssl

hi all

can someone please guide me to a good howto to Generating X.509
Certificates in centos 5.4 with open ssl?
i am using a windows based desktop virtualization software called
vWorkspace which requires (copy/paste from vWorkspace documentation)
• One or more X.509 web server certificates (depending upon
configuration)
• Trusted root certificate from the issuing CA installed into
the Windows machine store of the SSL Gateway for certificates that
have been installed on Web Access or Connection Broker servers.
• Your certificate should have the same Issued To and Friendly
Name.
• The certificate should be an RSA (1024) certificate, not an AES
certificate.
• You should have a private key that corresponds to the certificate.

i need the certificate for testing purposes only, so i m using openssl
to generate a self signed certificate. i m not good enough with the
concepts either.
hence need sme help

thanks in advance
Arvind

Paul Heinlein 01-27-2010 01:49 PM

http://www.madboa.com/geek/openssl/

Arvind P R 01-27-2010 06:14 PM

Generating X.509 Certificates in Centos with open ssl

thank you i will chk these
have a good day