Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Susan Day

Default IUD Number

Hello;
How do I get the IUD number for a user?
TIA,
Suzie

Old 01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Ian Wilson

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Susan Day <suzieprogrammer@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I get the IUD number for a user?

I believe you mean UID.

You can get that by typing:

id <user>

For me:

-bash-3.2# id ian
uid=500(ian) gid=500(ian) groups=500(ian)

In this case, my UID would be 500.

Ian

--
Ian Wilson
ian.m.wilson@gmail.com

Solving site load issues with database replication is a lot like
solving your own personal problems with heroin -- at first, it sorta
works, but after a while things just get out of hand.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Thomas Harold

On 1/5/2010 3:53 PM, Susan Day wrote:
> Hello;
> How do I get the IUD number for a user?

"id" command (see also the "groups" command)

$ id -u thomas
999

$ id -G thomas
(prints a list of all group numbers that I belong to)

Old 01-06-2010, 04:25 AM
Susan Day

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Thomas Harold <thomas-lists@nybeta.com> wrote:

On 1/5/2010 3:53 PM, Susan Day wrote:

> Hello;

> How do I get the IUD number for a user?

"id" command (see also the "groups" command)

$ id -u thomas

999

$ id -G thomas

(prints a list of all group numbers that I belong to)

Thanks!
Suzie