FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Weird update problem

On 01/05/2010 10:41 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> assumed that it would bring in the best-match version, and continued. This
> morning, seeing that more updates were announced, I ran update again. To my
> surprise, exiv2 was skipped, as before.
>
> I'm curious as to what could be happening here.

yum clean metadata; yum repolist ; yum -d9 list exi*

might give you some clues as to whats going on.

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Anne Wilson
 
Default Weird update problem

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 10:57:30 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/05/2010 10:41 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > assumed that it would bring in the best-match version, and continued.
> > This morning, seeing that more updates were announced, I ran update
> > again. To my surprise, exiv2 was skipped, as before.
> >
> > I'm curious as to what could be happening here.
>
> yum clean metadata; yum repolist ; yum -d9 list exi*
>
> might give you some clues as to whats going on.
>
That gives

Installed Packages
exiv2.i386 0.17.1-1.el5.rf installed
Available Packages
exiftags.i386 1.01-1.el5.rf rpmforge
exim.i386 4.63-3.el5 base
exim-doc.noarch 4.63-2.el5 base
exim-mon.i386 4.63-3.el5 base
exim-sa.i386 4.63-3.el5 base
exiv2.i386 0.19-1.el5.rf rpmforge
exiv2-debuginfo.i386 0.17.1-1.el5 epel-
debuginfo
exiv2-devel.i386 0.19-1.el5.rf rpmforge

rpmforge.repo is enabled, but is priority 5 - could this be a priority
problem?

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group
New to KDE Software? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Weird update problem

On 01/05/2010 12:00 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
>> yum clean metadata; yum repolist ; yum -d9 list exi*
> exiv2-devel.i386 0.19-1.el5.rf rpmforge
>
> rpmforge.repo is enabled, but is priority 5 - could this be a priority
> problem?

the -d9 should give you a lot more info, lots lots more. You'll need to
parse that to work out whats going on - or put it on pastebin.centos.org
and post the url here in the mailthread. Someone might be able to help
with details.

It should only have package info, but some people consider that a
privacy issue. To be honest, if you look through the output, it should
not be hard working out whats going on

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Weird update problem

On 01/05/2010 12:06 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> yum clean metadata; yum repolist ; yum -d9 list exi*

erm, i said 'list' but meant 'update'. you want to yum -d9 update exiv*

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Anne Wilson
 
Default Weird update problem

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 12:06:54 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/05/2010 12:00 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >> yum clean metadata; yum repolist ; yum -d9 list exi*
> >
> > exiv2-devel.i386 0.19-1.el5.rf rpmforge
> >
> > rpmforge.repo is enabled, but is priority 5 - could this be a priority
> > problem?
>
> the -d9 should give you a lot more info, lots lots more. You'll need to
> parse that to work out whats going on - or put it on pastebin.centos.org
> and post the url here in the mailthread. Someone might be able to help
> with details.
>
> It should only have package info, but some people consider that a
> privacy issue. To be honest, if you look through the output, it should
> not be hard working out whats going on
>
Sorry - it had scrolled off the screen and I hadn't realised just how much
there is - almost 2000 lines. I've posted the output to
http://filebin.ca/ggqvkc/centos.txt

When I first set up CentOS I had seen what havoc conflicting repos could do,
so I tried to set up fairly tight priorities. Maybe I got some of them wrong.
All the same, from that output I can't understand what's happening, so I'd be
glad of the help. I don't think the 0.19-1 package is among those excluded.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group
New to KDE Software? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Anne Wilson
 
Default Weird update problem

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 12:10:44 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/05/2010 12:06 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >>> yum clean metadata; yum repolist ; yum -d9 list exi*
>
> erm, i said 'list' but meant 'update'. you want to yum -d9 update exiv*
>
Oops - so the output I already posted is irrelevant. The new output is at
http://filebin.ca/swaoqf/centos2.txt

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group
New to KDE Software? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Anne Wilson
 
Default Weird update problem

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 12:10:44 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/05/2010 12:06 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >>> yum clean metadata; yum repolist ; yum -d9 list exi*
>
> erm, i said 'list' but meant 'update'. you want to yum -d9 update exiv*
>
I should also add that I use skip-broken routinely, and I tried

package-cleanup --problems
package-cleanup --dupes and
rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

without result.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group
New to KDE Software? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Weird update problem

On 01/05/2010 02:49 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Oops - so the output I already posted is irrelevant. The new output is at
> http://filebin.ca/swaoqf/centos2.txt

This looks like a repo problem, you should report it to the
rpmforge-users list so they can fix it ( although many of the packages
from rpmforge are here on this list as well, its still worth reporting
to their list )

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Anne Wilson
 
Default Weird update problem

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 15:04:27 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/05/2010 02:49 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Oops - so the output I already posted is irrelevant. The new output is
> > at http://filebin.ca/swaoqf/centos2.txt
>
> This looks like a repo problem, you should report it to the
> rpmforge-users list so they can fix it ( although many of the packages
> from rpmforge are here on this list as well, its still worth reporting
> to their list )
>
OK, thanks. I'll do that.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group
New to KDE Software? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Rob Kampen
 
Default Weird update problem

Anne Wilson wrote:
For some time now updates on my CentOS box had skipped exiv2. Yesterday I
decided to do something about it, so I removed it - together with gwenview,
digikam and, IIRC, libexiv2. That sounded reasonable, so I accepted the
removal, then re-installed gwenview and digikam, which, of course, pulled in
the two exiv2 packages. The version number of exiv2 sounded familiar, but I
assumed that it would bring in the best-match version, and continued. This
morning, seeing that more updates were announced, I ran update again. To my
surprise, exiv2 was skipped, as before.


I'm curious as to what could be happening here.

I too had this issue, although my need for exiv2 was gnome-commander.
Thus I too removed exiv2 and its dependents. As I did not need the
packages I have left them uninstalled. I think the issue is a change in
the exiv2 rpm spec file in regards to libraries needed or included, thus
as both come from rf - suggest post a request to them. HTH

Anne

------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:55 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org