Old 01-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Tom Bishop

Default Centos 5.4 and TYAN s4985 motherboard....

Was wondering if anyone has any luck with the Tyan s4985 motherboard, I had loaded up the latest 5.4 release and in installed most everything that I wanted but when I loaded it up, as in processor wise it would lock up.* Funny thing I could still ssh to it but not do a su - or anything from the console.* I think it is kernel related and tried the previous kernel but it still exhibited the same symptom.* The only thing I saw in the log was a message about a soft lockup on cpu0, there is a open bug for that but from the description doesn't appear to cause any issues.* I am running 4 opteron 8356 just for clarification....