Old 01-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Per Qvindesland

Default Extract Pax archive

Hi list

Does anyone know how to extract a pax archive in Linux? I have been
trying with the pax but with no joy perhaps I did not put in the correct
switches.

Regards
Per Qvindesland

Old 01-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Tom H

> Does anyone know how to extract a pax archive in Linux? I have been
> trying with the pax but with no joy perhaps I did not put in the correct
> switches.

pax -r -pe -f archive.pax

(the "e" is to preserve uid, gid, mode, atime, mtime)

Old 01-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Per Qvindesland

Hi

Great stuff the switches did the trick thanks a lot.

Regards
Per Qvindesland