Old 01-01-2010, 03:45 PM
ann kok

Default which program/command (perl, vi, or sed) is better

Hi

I have apache log file around 7.6G and record half year

Which program/command (perl, vi, or sed) is better to extract the data by date? and finally I can remove that big file and still keep the record.

I have problem when using vi and it uses up the server memory

Thank you for your help