Old 12-31-2009, 09:59 PM
robert mena

Default restoring using rysnc

Hi,
My backup server (B) has a /backup/home and I'd like to restore /backup/home/userX to /home/userX in my server A
I am trying to do with in the server where I want to restore.

rsync -e ssh -avzp -R --exclude "*.journal" backup_server:/backup/home/userX/ /home/userX
But it is creating a /home/userX/backup/home/userX

What am I doing wrong?

Old 12-31-2009, 10:09 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>Hi,
>
>My backup server (B) has a /backup/home and I'd like to restore /backup/home/userX to /home/userX in my server A
>
>I am trying to do with in the server where I want to restore.
>
>rsync -e ssh -avzp -R --exclude "*.journal" backup_server:/backup/home/userX/ /home/userX
>
>But it is creating a /home/userX/backup/home/userX
>
>What am I doing wrong?

Trailing slashes & `-R`... Rather than repeat what smarter folk wrote better than I,
type man rsync, then `/trailing` and give it a look. Then catch the relative part
for -R.