Old 12-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Agile Aspect

Default Hardening

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Fernando Hallberg
<fernando@flexdigital.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Test my repositoriy http://flexbox.sf.net/
>
> I'm personalized sectool from fedora to centos, rkhunter, unhid, chkrootkit, and more...
>
> And contribute ! Source RPMS and spec files are in the repository and svn.

Note, I couldn't find any source RPMs in svn.

And I hasten to add, I would never delegate the task of building
security software for my system to another person.

--
Enjoy global warming while it lasts.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Nicolas Sulek

Another great guide
:http://www.nsa.gov/ia/guidance/security_configuration_guides/operating_systems.shtml#linux2

Old 12-29-2009, 08:09 AM
John R Pierce

Agile Aspect wrote:
> Note, I couldn't find any source RPMs in svn.
>
> And I hasten to add, I would never delegate the task of building
> security software for my system to another person.

so you compile your whole system from scratch, after audting all the code?

how do you ever get anything done?

Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Fernando Hallberg

Hi,

I get the fedora srpm, installed, apply modify for centos and recompiled, for rkhunter, sectool.

ipset and ipset kmod i've made by hand to use ipset function with iptables, blocking dinamical blacklists with fail2ban and shorewall.

Att
fernando
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 01:09:21 -0800
John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> Agile Aspect wrote:
> > Note, I couldn't find any source RPMs in svn.
> >
> > And I hasten to add, I would never delegate the task of building
> > security software for my system to another person.
> >

> so you compile your whole system from scratch, after audting all the code?
>
> how do you ever get anything done?

Fernando Hallberg <fernando@flexdigital.com.br>
Flex Digital Soluções em Redes de Dados
http://www.flexdigital.com.br