Old 12-28-2009, 06:53 PM
ML

Default Hardening

Hi Guys,

I would like advice for best practices to secure my linux boxes. Know if I have been hacked, know of security breaches, etc.

Can anyone provide advice?

-Jason

Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Larry Vaden

<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/OS_Protection>

Old 12-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Lincoln Zuljewic Silva

Take a look at the CIS guide for Red Hat 5:
http://www.cisecurity.org/bench_linux.html (you do not need to be
registered to download the PDFs).

Regards
Lincoln

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Larry Vaden <larry.vaden@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I would like advice for best practices to secure my linux boxes. Know if I have been hacked, know of security breaches, etc.
>>
>> Can anyone provide advice?
>
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/OS_Protection>

Lincoln Zuljewic Silva
More contact info.: http://www.system.adm.br/contact.php

"How often must a question be asked before it’s considered a
frequently asked question?"

Old 12-28-2009, 07:03 PM

> Hi Guys,
>
> I would like advice for best practices to secure my linux boxes. Know if I
> have been hacked, know of security breaches, etc.
>
> Can anyone provide advice?

Check out Bastille Linux. It's not a distro, it's a system hardening tool,
and many things it does are referred to by the NIST guidelines.

I, personally, used a firewall/router that I build using it on RH 9, and
for around 10 years, never had an intrusion.

mark

Old 12-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Tom Bishop

Annother vote for bastille, it works very well.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Fernando Hallberg

Hi,

Test my repositoriy http://flexbox.sf.net/

I'm personalized sectool from fedora to centos, rkhunter, unhid, chkrootkit, and more...

And contribute ! Source RPMS and spec files are in the repository and svn.

Sorry for my english.

Att
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:53:27 -0800
ML <mailinglists@mailnewsrss.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I would like advice for best practices to secure my linux boxes. Know if I have been hacked, know of security breaches, etc.
>
> Can anyone provide advice?
>
> -Jason

Fernando Hallberg <fernando@flexdigital.com.br>
Flex Digital Soluções em Redes de Dados