Old 12-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Rob Kampen

Default Inquiry:yum? - hijack

Barry Brimer wrote:

I tried for the other engaged rpm packages one-by-one . But at last , only
the following one remained as unresolved :
[root@mss-1 tmp]# rpm -Uvh yum-fastestmirror-1.1.16-13.el5.centos.noarch.rpm
warning: yum-fastestmirror-1.1.16-13.el5.centos.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA
signature: NOKEY, key ID e8562897
error: Failed dependencies:
yum >= 3.0 is needed by
yum-fastestmirror-1.1.16-13.el5.centos.noarch
Can you please let me know why it does not come to an end ?

What is the output of "lsb_release -a"

Forgive me for thread stealing - lsb 3.1 is the current CentOS
supported version.
I have some postscript / cups / printer drivers that insist on lsb 3.2 -
anyone know if this is possible?

TIA Rob