Old 12-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Sebastian

Default Missing virtio-win in CentOS 5.4

On Dec 1. the drivers are available on the Supplementary channel

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2009-1624.html

Any chance to get them for CentOS?

Sebastian

2009/10/22 carlopmart <carlopmart@gmail.com>

Ray Van Dolson wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 04:14:00PM +0200, Sebastian Marten wrote:

>> Hello,

>> I Installed 5.4 on a test system to use KVM, but i didn't find the

>> "virtio-win" package with the Windows drivers.

> Looks like these are provided via the RHN Supplementary Channel. *I'd

> imagine they are not freely distributable?

> I'm sure someone else can confirm.

> Ray

There are freely redistributable, but still they aren't published by upstream. You

can use these instead:

http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/windows-binary-virtio-drivers-finally-released, but

there are a lot of problems with any windows 64 bits. And another problem, a big

really, is that you canĄt install a windows kvm guest directly to a virtio disk.

First you need to install to an ide disk, after generate a virtio disk and attach to

win guest, install the virtio driver and last remove ide drive ... very very ugly.

--

CL Martinez

carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com