Old 12-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Carlos Santana

Default partitioning order and IO performance

Hi,

Does mount point specification while partitioning (order in which I
specify /, /boot, swap etc..) affect performance? I am not sure about
the syntax, but I guess one can also specify address/block range while
partitioning. Does it affect IO performance? Probably a stupid
question, but just curious.. Any insights?

Thanks,
CS.