Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 AM
"Dirk H. Schulz"

Default conga and "virsh nodeinfo"

Hi folks,

I have run into a confusing problem.

My initial problem is: Conga does not offer "Add a virtual machine
service". So I googled and found a RedHat advisory on that:
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2009-1623.html
which points updates that should fix this.

I checked on my cluster, but the relevant packages are current (and even
if ALL packages are current it does not work).

So I tried manually what is described in the above advisory:
"virsh nodeinfo --readonly" throws an error saying that "--readonly" is
not implemented. That seems to be the problem.
Running "virh nodeinfo" as a non-root user (like Conga does) leads to an
error as described in the above advisory.
Reading the man page on virsh suggests that there is a --readonly flag
to URIs, not to simple virsh commands.

Now I am stuck. Googleing does not lead to anything helpful.

Has anyone else run into this and resolved it?

Or can someone send me a valid vm ressource entry for the
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf file so I can adapt that? I have not found
really enlightening examples on the web, and docs on this seem quite
sparse.

Thanks for any hint or help.

Dirk

Old 12-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Fabian Arrotin

Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have run into a confusing problem.
>
> My initial problem is: Conga does not offer "Add a virtual machine
> service". So I googled and found a RedHat advisory on that:
> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2009-1623.html
> which points updates that should fix this.
>
> I checked on my cluster, but the relevant packages are current (and even
> if ALL packages are current it does not work).
>
> So I tried manually what is described in the above advisory:
> "virsh nodeinfo --readonly" throws an error saying that "--readonly" is
> not implemented. That seems to be the problem.
> Running "virh nodeinfo" as a non-root user (like Conga does) leads to an
> error as described in the above advisory.
> Reading the man page on virsh suggests that there is a --readonly flag
> to URIs, not to simple virsh commands.
>
> Now I am stuck. Googleing does not lead to anything helpful.
>
> Has anyone else run into this and resolved it?
>
> Or can someone send me a valid vm ressource entry for the
> /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file so I can adapt that? I have not found
> really enlightening examples on the web, and docs on this seem quite
> sparse.
>
> Thanks for any hint or help.

Yes you're right and normally the updated luci/ricci RPMS (0.12.2-6.1)
should have been already pushed to the mirrors but it seems that they
are blocked somewhere ...
I'm myself running such cluster with the appropriate RPMS and they run
fine (Xen VMs)
Fabian Arrotin
test -e /dev/human/brain || ( echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq ; echo c >
/proc/sysrq-trigger )

Old 01-05-2010, 05:55 PM
"Dirk H. Schulz"

Hi Fabian,

Fabian Arrotin schrieb:

- snip -
> Yes you're right and normally the updated luci/ricci RPMS (0.12.2-6.1)
> should have been already pushed to the mirrors but it seems that they
> are blocked somewhere ...
> I'm myself running such cluster with the appropriate RPMS and they run
> fine (Xen VMs)

Thanks for the hint. You are right, I do not have the patched rpms
installed (should have compared version numbers more exactly).

Now I have to get along doing it manually. Could you send me your
cluster.conf (or the rm part of it) as a working example? And could you
point me to documentation on the possible parameters? I have read the
relevant man pages and searched the web for it, but found nothing in depth.
My main problem is: there are examples out there (a few I found) that
use parameters I find no documentation for, not even on
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/RGManager.

Thanks for any further help.

Dirk

Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 PM
"Dirk H. Schulz"

Hi all,

I found the descriptions in /usr/share/cluster/vm.sh, so most of the
parameters are clear to me now.

But I did not find anything useful on the "snapshot=PATH" parameter.
Could someome please explain what it is used for? Is it possible to use
clusvcadm (or some other cluster tool) to make snapshots of vm resources?
And if yes, does that make use of xm's "save" feature?

Best reagards,

Dirk