Old 12-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Sean Carolan

Default SFTP - stalled - on large files

I have an SSH server that was set up for a client, and every time we
try to upload large files via SFTP or scp, the transfers speed quickly
slows to zero and gives a - stalled - status message, then
disconnects. Here is an example:

ftp> put iTunesSetup.exe iTunesSetup.exe
Uploading iTunesSetup.exe to /home/scarolan/iTunesSetup.exe
iTunesSetup.exe 0% 704KB 0.0KB/s -
stalled -debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
Read from remote host ftp.authoria.net: Connection reset by peer
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 66 bytes in 203.9 seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.3
debug1: Exit status -1
Connection closed

I have no idea why this is happening. Can anyone point me in the
right direction?