Old 12-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Peter Serwe

Default scp copy remote files does NOT copy link?

Of course, if you want to be a really sneaky sysadmin and avoid links altogether, not to mention confuse the shit out of the developers using your system,
you can always do a mount --bind as an alternative to symlinking directories

Peter

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM, nate <centos@linuxpowered.net> wrote:

b.j. mcclure wrote:

> I know I'm going to be embarrassed by the answer to this one but I've

> checked a couple rsync and ssh references, including man rsync, and do

> not find an option -H. *What is it?

Looks like

*-H, --hard-links * * * * * *preserve hard links

In my experience hard links aren't very common, symlinks on the other

hand are very common, and probably the type of link you were

encountering.

nate

Peter Serwe
http://truthlightway.blogspot.com/