Old 12-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Les Mikesell

Default What determines default kernel after update?

I have a 32-bit machine with 8 gigs RAM and was running the PAE kernel,
but after the last update noticed that grub was set to default to the
non-PAE version although both were installed. Does anyone know how boot
default is supposed to be determined?

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 12-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a 32-bit machine with 8 gigs RAM and was running the PAE kernel,
> but after the last update noticed that grub was set to default to the
> non-PAE version although both were installed. *Does anyone know how boot
> default is supposed to be determined?

Look in /etc/sysconfig/kernel

Akemi

Old 12-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Les Mikesell

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a 32-bit machine with 8 gigs RAM and was running the PAE kernel,
>> but after the last update noticed that grub was set to default to the
>> non-PAE version although both were installed. Does anyone know how boot
>> default is supposed to be determined?
>
> Look in /etc/sysconfig/kernel

Thanks - it says:
DEFAULTKERNEL=kernel
and now that I think about it, the box may have had 4 gigs of RAM when
Centos was originally installed. What should it say so future updates
pick the PAE version?

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com