Old 12-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Alan McKay

Default disk at 101% - but it isn't

Hey folks,

Is there any way to get this to report the proper values again?
The disk did fill up but we removed a good 60G of data but it still shows full

[root@price-two:/]# df -h
/dev/sda3 131G -64Z 131G 101% /
/dev/sda1 99M 9.7M 84M 11% /boot
/dev/sdb1 269G 60G 196G 24% /data
none 4.0G 0 4.0G 0% /dev/shm

Old 12-21-2009, 04:34 PM
"nate"

Alan McKay wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Is there any way to get this to report the proper values again?
> The disk did fill up but we removed a good 60G of data but it still shows
> full

Is/was the data you removed still in use? Run lsof and grep for
"deleted", if you get a bunch of hits you have to stop/kill those
processes for the space to be freed.

Otherwise perhaps a fsck is in order.

nate