Old 12-21-2009, 10:40 AM
"Mike A. Harris"

Default RHEL 6 won't support Itanic, will support PowerPC, though

Old 12-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Timo Schoeler

thus Mike A. Harris spake:
> Timo Schoeler wrote:
>> Hi list,
>
>> after some discussion on #IRC on PowerPC I was waiting for some
>> commitment on supported architectures in RHEL 6. As I just learnt,
>> Itanic will be dumped, but there will be a PowerPC release:
>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/18/redhat_rhel6_itanium_dead/
>
> And some people don't believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists. This
> is proof.

Means... what? Sorry, but I don't get it. I'm not interested in the
Itanium port (any more), but I am interested in the PowerPC port.

What else can one do than reading IT news if there's no official
announcement?

Best,

Timo

Old 12-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Mike A. Harris wrote on Mon, 21 Dec 2009 06:40:38 -0500:

> And some people don't believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists. This
> is proof.

Be careful.

Kai

--