Old 12-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Carlos Santana

Default mountd and statd at specific ports - nfs firewall

Hi,

I am configuring firewall for NFS.
I see that statd and mountd start at random port. Is there any way to
force it to start at specific port each time. The '-p ' option would
work, but how do I configure it to start at specific port number each
time. I mean where do statd and mountd look for default configuration
options? Any clues?

-
CS.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:38 PM
"Christoph Neuhaus"

Hi,

> I see that statd and mountd start at random port. Is there any way to
> force it to start at specific port each time. The '-p ' option would
> work, but how do I configure it to start at specific port number each
> time. I mean where do statd and mountd look for default configuration
> options? Any clues?

look into the init scripts /etc/init.d/nfs (for mountd) and
/etc/init.d/nfslock (for statd). Both scripts source the file
/etc/sysconfig/nfs. There you can set the variables MOUNTD_PORT and
STATD_PORT (among others).

Chris

Old 12-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Carlos Santana