Old 12-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Timo Schoeler

Default RHEL 6 won't support Itanic, will support PowerPC, though

Hi list,

after some discussion on #IRC on PowerPC I was waiting for some
commitment on supported architectures in RHEL 6. As I just learnt,
Itanic will be dumped, but there will be a PowerPC release:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/18/redhat_rhel6_itanium_dead/

Best,

Timo (happy PowerPC enthusiast